Water Department Manager
|, - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
$40,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Idyllic location, salary (net) plus relo costs and accommodations provided.
Small remote island in the Caribbean is looking for an experienced Water Department Manager for a luxury resort complex.
The incumbent will plan, monitor and control all activities and duties performed by the Water Department, ensuring that the highest standards are achieved and maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that operations at water production plants and WWTP are followed based on established procedures to meet quality standards.
- Repair and maintain distribution system including pipelines, pumps and tanks.
- Solve problems that may occur in water production, distribution and WWTP processes.
- Conducts data analyses of all areas of the operation to monitor losses and prepare reports
- Organizes the Department’s Employees’ workload, in order to maximize efficacy productivity.
- Prepares plans for Departmental tools, equipment, manpower and Employee development according to the Company’s strategy.
- Monitors staff numbers and related costs; conducts staff assessments, motivates, trains and identifies areas for further development and improvement.
- Controls all Departmental costs and revenues. Prepares Department monthly invoices.
- Verifies availability and requisitions of all parts, tools and equipment needed for the operations. Arranges proper storage and maintains relevant inventories.
- Provides technical support and reference for departmental activities.
- Ensure preventive and planned maintenance programs are implemented.
- Ensures that safety, housekeeping and aesthetic standards are maintained across all areas
- Build strong working relationships and liaise with other department Managers, customers and alike, on issues concerning the services and operations of the Department.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge in Desalination Plant and WWTP Distribution Systems with maintenance experience.
- Certifications in Water Production and Wastewater Treatment.
- Use of Microsoft software programs
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Must have remote island or Caribbean experience