Senior External Auditor
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$60,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Staff Auditor to join our team.
We believe that the people who do the best work are the ones who are most engaged. This is why we have created an environment where people see their work as part of a bigger picture. We believe engaged workers invest more of themselves into everything they do.
This is one of the top 10 largest firms in Chicago- not too big, but not too small. You will have a much better work/life balance than with some of the biggest firms, but still plenty of room to advance and grow with the company.
We have been voted one of the best places to work in Chicago for quite a number of years.
The Senior Staff Auditor will be responsible for:
- Running client engagements from start to finish working side-by-side with audit and tax partners.
- Financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions, and direct coordination with clients.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; performing in-charge role.?You’ll find many opportunities for career growth and advancement. We strongly believe in promoting from within, so if you’re talented and energetic you can make a bright future with us
They offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Time and Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Plan
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plan
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3 plus year of experience in external audits (public accounting experience) with a mid-sized or national firm
- Experience with engagement management, audit and review skills and staff supervision are required
- Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
Ideal candidates are motivated individuals seeking to grow and expand their career.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree